This one-hour training session is suitable for any organisation that would like to understand more about the LGBT+ community and their particular challenges when interacting in the workplace.
The session takes a practical approach to protecting the people in and around your organisation from becoming the victims of assumptions/prejudice by providing attendees with an understanding of what it means to be LGBT+ in the workplace.
Providing hints and tips for working alongside employees or customers who are LGBT+, this session communicates the standard of behaviour that any organisation seeking to do the right thing would expect its people to maintain towards LGBT+ clients, employees and others within and external to the organisation.
The session covers:
- What it means to have an intersex condition
- What it means to be transgender
- Sexual orientation and what it means for employees
- What to do when someone comes out as L, G, B or T at work
- The process of transitioning from one gender to another
- How to treat a transgender person
- The problems encountered by transgender people in the workplace
- Transgender youngsters (special addition for those who work with children)
- Transgender people and mental health (special addition for those who work in the area of health and mental health services)
Cost: £100 per session (recommended max number of attendees: 25)