** COVID-19 UPDATE **
(This service is supported by the Association of Jersey Charities with its award from the National Emergencies Trust.)
Liberate is offering free counselling to anyone who is struggling to cope with the changes to daily life imposed by the coronavirus. The offer is open to anyone living in Jersey and will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
The offer aims to assist those experiencing stress, anxiety, panic, depression, grief and other mental health issues due to the conditions imposed by the crisis, such as:
- Change in routine;
- Separation from family and friends;
- Loss of freedom;
- Being quarantined in a home that is unsafe or hostile;
- Easier access at home to addictive substances;
- Taking on more care responsibilities due to a lack of access to regular care for a family member with a disability;
- Lack of employment/boredom;
- Job insecurity;
- Uncertainty over own disease status;
- Concern about loved ones being infected;
Because this is an emergency response to the current situation, clients will be offered three one hour sessions only. Sessions may be over telephone or video link, face-to-face, or ‘walk and talk’ therapy to suit your preferences/situation (where government advice allows).
Counselling support is offered by CPCAB Therapeutic Counsellors trained to Diploma Level 4, who are in their final year and completing their practical workplace experience hours. All Liberate’s counsellors are DBS checked.
To arrange to speak to a counsellor, please complete the form below and we will respond to you via the email address you provide. (Our data protection notice can be found here.)
Liberate is part of Jersey’s –