Liberate delivers a free one-hour training session entitled “Gender and Sexuality in the Workplace” to any organisation that would like to understand more about this specialist area. The course also serves to protect an organisation and its people from becoming the victims of discrimination and, for organisations, communicates the standard of behaviour that it expects its people to maintain towards LGBTQ clients, employees and others within and external to the organisation, which may be used as evidence when defending a case during a tribunal claim.
The session covers:
- What it means to have an intersex condition
- What it means to be transgender
- Sexual orientation and what it means for employees
- What to do when someone comes out as L, G, B or T at work
- The process of transitioning from one gender to another
- How to treat a transgender person
- The problems encountered by transgender people in the workplace
- Transgender youngsters (special addition for those who work with children)
- Transgender people and mental health (special addition for those who work in the area of health and mental health services)
Over the last year, Liberate has delivered over 50 of these free training sessions to various organisations – businesses, States of Jersey departments, schools, healthcare providers and charities. If you would like to know more about the free session or to book one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2017, we will be developing our range of courses further to enable organisations to support their equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We will also be delivering specialist training subsidised by Liberate to schools in partnership with UK charity Educate & Celebrate; to mental health professionals in partnership with UK charity Gendered Intelligence; and, to those working with victims of bullying, harassment and abuse in partnership with UK charity Tender.